Monday, April 9, 2018

I'm on a Roll!

Bread# 2 is a no knead sourdough recipe.  I'm on a sourdough roll, er I'm having a boule!   Ok all terrible puns aside this one had a much lighter crust and I think I like it better than the painful 24 hour knead by hand version.  It only takes like 4-6 hours and was so easy!


Sourdough #2 no knead version


Inside of no knead sour dough

This came from the godfather of no knead bread recipes, Jim Lahey, of the Sullivan Street bakery.   Here's the recipe: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-03-27/new-york-s-bread-master-teaches-you-how-to-make-easy-sourdough   I didn't have whole wheat flour or bread flour so just used all unbleached AP flour, and I didn't have wheat bran so I used regular flour.   It spread out a bit while I was letting it rise (I was at the park) so when I got back I just had to deal with the fact that it was larger than the pot and it has wrinkles on the sides from where I dropped it in, parchment and all.  I also still cannot get scoring down, but this recipe is a keeper!   Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment