Sunday, March 11, 2012

Baby Shower Macs - Macaron Day Challenge




Baby Shower Macs

Baby Shower Macs
For the latest mactweets mac challenge I wanted to make a macaron croquembouche, however I struggled with these macs, since it had been so long since I had made any, half of them bled together (piped too much batter) and by the time i got it together some of them started to wrinkle...they were also not the color I'd hoped so I ended up putting them on a pretty cake plate.



ready for my close up

ready for my close up
I also had trouble with my ganache, I tried using valrohna chocolate for the first time and it did some weird thing where all the oil separated out from the chocolate, so this is just regular semi sweet chocolate chips...but they tasted just like they should, so perhaps I'll save the croquembouche for another day. Actually I ended up making one out of mini pies for a different celebration instead.






a quickr pickr post

8 comments:

  1. LOL your entire explanation oozes failure but they look pretty good to me! We have all been there, thinking we failed, thinking they weren't good enough but to everyone else they are fabulous - and then get gobbled up in five minutes! I love the swirls in the batter... and so happy you baked macs with us this month (as I am whenever you do!). Keep baking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just had a batxh do that wrinke thing, sooo frustrating. I think these look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What did you say? But they look fabulous! Love the decor effects - so festive. Hang in there with the pregnancy. Not long to go? Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone, I ate the total fails and I put the nicest ones on the top :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. these look nice. Super like your comment about eating the failures :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yum yum my sweet girl. That you baked macs under the circumstances needs a standing ovation! I think they look great, and I love the colour swirls. Delicious. So glad you could join us on this special round! Thank you!!
    {I've been where you've been several times...and tour macarons look fine. Mine did not!}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your macarons look fantatic!! Don't be so hard on yourself. We all have our imperfect macs in each batch but you had plenty that just look amazing. I love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, the swirls were unintentional but I'll pretend like I worked hard to get them in there :)

    ReplyDelete